“TAKE IT TO THE BOX “
Safe Medication Disposal
What is Take it to the Box?
A free of charge, safe disposal of unneeded/expired over-the-counter medications, inhaler medicine in dispensers, prescription & narcotic drugs.
Check medications regularly for expiration dates and clean out medicine cabinets at least annually.
How to dispose of unneeded medicines?
- Leave medicine in its original container
- Remove identifying information – black out personal name or peal off name label
- Leave name of medication on container
- Drop medication container into the disposal box opening
ITEMS That CANNOT GO in the box:
- Empty medicine bottles
- Syringes, needles, or sharps
- Mercury thermometers or other mercury containing medical devices
- Household chemicals
- Bio hazardous waste
- Cancer or other treatment medications, such as chemotherapy or radioactive medications.
DROP OFF LOCATIONS during regular business hours:
- Cass County Sheriff’s Office Lobby
303 MN Ave W. Walker, MN
- Cass Lake City Hall/Law Enforcement Center
330 2nd Street NW. Cass Lake, MN
- Pine River City Hall/Law Enforcement Center
200 Front Street N. Pine River, MN
- City of Lake Shore
8583 Interlachen Rd, Lake Shore MN
For more information, contact Cass County Public Health Services – 218-547-1340