Native & Noxious Plant List

Related Documents

Noxious Weeds Information

Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 18.83, Subd. 7, persons shall control or eradicate all noxious weeds on land they own, occupy, or are required to maintain. Control or eradication may be accomplished by any lawful method, but the methods may need to be repeated to prevent the spread of viable noxious weed seeds and other propagating parts to other lands. The following weeds are included on the noxious weed list for the State of Minnesota and Cass County:

Complaint Process

  1. Complaints on the control of noxious weeds should be directed to the township or city clerk (see attached list) in which the weeds are growing.
  2. The clerk will contact their weed inspector to view the property and contact the affected landowner to request control.
  3. If the landowner fails to control the noxious weeds within a specified time period, the township or city weed inspector will contact the County Agricultural Inspector to order control.
  4. If the landowner still fails to control the noxious weeds, the Ag Inspector will have weed control performed and add the control costs to the landowner's property taxes.