COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics and Information
2023-2024 COVID-19 vaccines
Cass County Public Health will have 2023-2024 COVID-19 vaccines available to individuals ages 12 years and older who meet specific vaccination program requirements.
These guidelines do not encompass all individuals who may be eligible to receive the updated COVID-19 vaccine. See Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters (CDC)to see if you should receive a vaccine and contact your provider or pharmacy to schedule an appointment.
- Age 12 years and older.
- Children & Adolescents ages 12-18 years old on a Minnesota Health Care Program or is American Indian/Alaskan Native who qualify for the Minnesota Vaccine for Children Program (MnVFC).
- Review this Self-Screening Form from Minnesota Department of Health to determine if your child qualifies.
- Children ages 12 years and older & Adults who are uninsured or underinsured.
- Underinsured means you have private insurance that does not cover vaccines or that caps prevention services or you have a Medicare policy that does not cover specific vaccines.
- Call your insurance provider to check coverage before scheduling an appointment.
- The suggested fee is $5.00 per vaccine. Adults will not be turned away for inability to pay.
- If you are eligible, you can schedule an appointment below or call for assistance.
- Children & Adults who have health insurance who will cover the cost of the vaccine.
- This coverage would include those who private pay at time of vaccination then self submit to insurance for reimbursement.
- Children & Adults who would be considered private pay.
- If you are not eligible for Cass County Public Health Vaccination Program, contact your provider or pharmacy to schedule an appointment.
Date and Time
4th Tuesday of every month
1:00 pm to 3:00 pmCall 218-547-6840 for scheduling assistance.
Cass County Health, Human and Veterans Services
400 Michigan Avenue W
Walker, MN 56484
Additional information on vaccination schedule and recommendations
- Moderna 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccine (12+ years old)
Prior to your appointment
If you are unable to make your appointment, we ask that you cancel ahead of time. Bring your COVID-19 vaccine card or other proof of vaccination to your appointment with you.
You should reschedule your COVID-19 vaccine appointment if 1) you are in isolation due to a positive COIVD-19 test or symptoms of COVID-19; 2) if you have had recent exposure to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, you should also seek a COVID-19 test. Contact your health care professional to discuss your eligibility before scheduling if you are immune compromised, have questions about your health status and COVID-19 vaccination, or have a history of previous allergic reaction to COVID-19, myocarditis or pericarditis or Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome with COVID-19. A 15-minute observation period may be recommended following vaccination.
If you have concerns about transportation, please contact us at 218-547-6840.
Visit MDH COVID-19 Vaccinations website for additional COVID-19 vaccine opportunities.
What to do if you have COVID-19 (includes an isolation and exposure calculator)
What to do if you were exposed to COVID-19 (includes an isolation and exposure calculator)
Options to obtain a copy of you or your dependents immunizations record:
- Download the Free Docket mobile app (PDF)
- Request online
- Contact Cass County Public Health 218-547-1340
- Contact your provider's office
Visit Minnesota Department of Health Find My Immunization for additional information.
- Contact your primary care provider to discuss COVID-19 test options.
- Visit Minnesota Department of Health's website for testing information, testing locations and how to obtain an at-home test kit.
- Contact your primary care provider to discuss COVID-19 treatment options.
- Visit Minnesota Department of Health's COVID-19 Telehealth Treatment for information on the free test-to-treat telehealth program.
- Visit Cue Health: COVID-19 Treatment in MN to information to access the test-to-treat telehealth program directly.
Healthcare Providers serving Cass County Residents
Brainerd Public Schools
Cass Lake-Bena Schools
Deer River Schools
Northland Community Schools
Pequot Lakes Public Schools
Pine River-Backus Schools
Sebeka Public School
Area Food Shelves
Please call ahead or visit their website for special hours
and/or instructions in response to COVID-19.
It's Okay to Change your Mind
With the COVID-19 vaccines, it's ok if you have been hesitant. As we learn more about the vaccine and hear people's stories - it's OK to change your mind. Check out these videos to hear people's stories. It's Okay to Change your Mind!