Election Judge Training
Election Training Materials
Welcome Clerks and Judges! We are offering online election judge training as well as in-person election judge training. I would encourage new election judges to take the in person training as well as some additional equipment training. The training links can be found further down this page.
Attention all Cass County clerks!
Clerk Election Training is a requirement by State Law M.R. 8240.2700 for all Clerks; even Mail Ballot Clerks and School District Clerks (or for School Districts-their designated representative)!
Once you have completed your required training please print and/or download and email your Training Completion Statement to the Cass County Voter Email.
Guides & Training
CLERK TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS:
Please view the City/Township/School District Election Training Power Point, if you are unable to access the Power Point you can review the pdf w/notes below. Then complete Basic election judge training for the 2 additional training hours needed. If you are a new clerk complete 3 additional hours by reviewing the head judge training and head judge training. Complete the Clerk Election Training Completion Statement and return to [email protected]
- City/Township/School District Clerk Election Training-Power Point
- City/Township/School District Clerk Election Training-pdf w/notes
- Campaign Filing Packet or sos.state.mn.us
- Clerk Election Guide
- Clerk Election Training Completion Statement (PDF)
- Election Judge Wages Flowchart-Method of Payment
Basic Election Judge Training
BASIC ELECTION JUDGE TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS:
Please view the training video below. If you are not able to view the video you can view the PowerPoint link or the pdf slides. The pdf slides will assist you with your quiz. Submit the completed quiz and your training completion statement to Cass County Voter Email.
- 2022 Basic Election Judge Training YouTube video link
- Basic Election Judge Training Slides-pdf
- Basic Election Judge Training-PowerPoint
- Basic Election Judge Quiz
- 2022 Election Judge Guide
- Basic Election Judge Training Completion Statement (PDF)
- Letter to Employers
Head Election Judge
- Head Election Judge Training-PowerPoint
- Head Election Judge Training-pdf
- No Guide available-see Head Judge Duties on page 53 in your 2022 Election Judge Guide
- Head Election Judge Training Completion Statement (PDF)
- Head Judge OmniBallot Election Management- (for review only)
Health Care Facility Election Judge
- Call for Health Care Facility Election Judge training. 218-547-7260
Election Equipment Training Videos
The following election equipment training videos are not required. However, they are very informational and a great refresher!
These are general videos from a variety of entities although the processes are similar they are not exact. The information in these videos is very helpful for all election judges!
- Poll Pad YouTube video
- How to Load the Election Ballot into the OmniBallot (for the primary it will be a 1 sided ballot)
- OmniBallot AVD-Capital Report YouTube video
- DS200 Ballot Tabulator-Complementary Voter Education Video on the DS200 Ballot Tabulator Video
- DS200 Pollworker instructions from Jackson Co, AL (some processes differ slightly; i.e. polls close at 8 p.m. in Minnesota and in Cass County we roll up the tape and stick it back inside the machine, our envelopes look and are labeled different and we have a different process for spoiled ballots; it is not necessary to tear the corner of the ballot.
- Anoka Co. OmniBallot Demonstration Video Link
303 Minnesota Ave W.
PO Box 3000
Walker, MN 56484